Watch the Jestination unknown on PrimeVideo
- Category: News
When I saw a comedian in front of Indian trucks, I knew that while watching this TV series I would see a different interesting world.
Kelly, Darbie, and Hannah must now travel to Bay City in order to conduct a demonstration of the recipes and to discuss the dangerous downsides of the new trio. With new costumes, powers, and some unlikely friends, Wren, Reynold, Everett, and Lucy are back with a new set of friends. When Halloween approaches, they realize they're fighting a war greater than just their small town.
WATCH FOR FREE TRIAL ON PRIME VIDEO
It is very tough because it is an entirely new material. They wrote the jokes just that morning, (they would create new ones for each new city). I certainly wouldn't recommend that because it will be very difficult to go on stage in front of 600 people and excite them since they likely expect to see The Manan Desai Show. There’s a lot of funky jokes in their expectation, so it may or may not do what they are expecting.
As producers, we were doing five locations a day, six cameras, two drones, people shooting on location... And writing on the go.
An 18,000-foot drop at Khardung La pass, I was writing jokes and thinking about shooting a 3 Idiots kind of scene the next day at Lake Pangong. “Reality shows are very popular in India, and that too across a variety of genres,” said Vijay Subramaniam, Director, and Head Content at Amazon Prime Video India. A new season of The show will be live on Amazon Prime Video from October 18th in over 200 countries and territories exclusively on Amazon Prime Video. It is an unscripted, non-comedic drama that is rooted in reality with scenes portrayed as witty skits in between exchanges of information.
This Sub is not for people who just want to read what the stars are saying. Some episodes called the Dangerous World of comedy. Making yourself laugh no matter what the surrounding circumstances will allow.
30 day's free trial on prime video
With Amogh Ranadive and Anu Menon, Vir Das travels to Patiala to find out what makes a Punjabi laugh.
Vir Das, Anu Menon, and Amogh Ranadive are traveling to Patiala to see what the most alpha people in the country are doing funny? What makes them laugh, stereotypes, terrible jokes on sardaars, more importantly, do you have anything worthwhile to say? Along the way, there's butter, chicken, gedi, rap, dhabha, and everything else, of course. In the show's production, the producers are trying to determine what is humorous for Indians. As Vir das and company travel from town to town searching for answers to uncomfortable cultural norms, they examine the topography and the social conditions of each place they visit. The pair gets to know the locals, shows them around the area, and Vir does a short stand-up during each episode.
Are there any popular movies, or one-off shows that are especially popular there? How prominent is a comedy in this culture? The idea of a traveling comedy show is actually a really great one. Vir Das, Shruti Seth and Amit Tandon are in the city of love and kebabs. It is the place where comedy starts in India. Not in the clubs and bars of the Indian city, but in hasyakavis and shaayars of Lucknow. Classic Lucknow. Don't forget to learn the tehzeeb too, and make sure you get your aadaab right!
There’s no denying that road is no over, which means that it’s time for you to binge on new shows that Amazon’s Prime Video has to offer.
Reviews found on the Internet
- Jestination Unknown (TV Series 2019– ) - IMDb - With Vir Das, Anu Menon, Suresh Menon, Rohini Ramanathan. Jestination Unknown is an attempt to answer the question, what does India find funny? The clubs and pubs of India's metros are only a sliver of an answer to that question. English stand-up comedy maybe new in India but comedy itself isn't new... (imdb.com)
- Watch Jestination Unknown - Season 1 - Vir Das travels across India with his friends to answer the question: "What does India find funny?" In Patiala, they explore comedy and clichÃ©s. In Lucknow, the hasya kavis give a masterclass. In Jodhpur, the city welcomes new jesters. In Mysore, a Mysore joke is written. In Kumarakom, comedy after... (amazon.com)
- Jestination Unknown: Vir Das, Shruti Seth & Co. Tour India and Make Jokes - From Ladakh to Mysore. (gadgets.ndtv.com)
- When comedians travel: on Amazon Prime's latest series, 'Jestination Unknown' - Vir Das and his troupe’s recent comedy travels across India as they figure out what each city finds funny (thehindu.com)
- Jestination Unknown: Vir Das' New Show Marries Wanderlust With Desi Stand-Up Comedy - Comedian Vir Das marries travel with comedy to bring us Jestination Unknown, his new original series for Amazon Prime Video, where he embarks on a pan-India journey bring comedy to the country’s smaller towns and cities. (in.mashable.com)
- Jestination Unknown: Season 1 - Rotten Tomatoes, home of the Tomatometer, is the most trusted measurement of quality for Movies & TV. The definitive site for Reviews, Trailers, Showtimes, and Tickets (rottentomatoes.com)
- Prime Video: Jestination Unknown - Season 1 - Vir Das travels across India with his friends to answer the question: (primevideo.com)
- Jestination Unknown - Comedian Vir Das travels around the country to find out what India finds funny. (rottentomatoes.com)
- New on Amazon in October: From 'Modern Love' to 'Jestination Unknown' - Amazon Prime Video is out with its list of new TV shows and movies coming in October. Among them is Amazon original series "Modern Love," out Oct. 18. (thewrap.com)
- Jestination Unknown - Jestination Unknown is an attempt to answer the question: “What does India find funny?” The clubs and pubs of India's metros are only a part of the an… (tv.apple.com)
- 5 reasons to watch Amazon Prime Video's latest show Jestination Unknown (boxofficeindia.co.in)
- Vir Das meshes travel with stand-up comedy in Jestination Unknown - Discovering India’s comedy heritage and finding out what makes us laugh (telegraphindia.com)
- Jestination Unknown: Vir Das, Shruti, Ashwin, Suresh Menon on If We're living in Culture of Offence? - It’s very easy to say, ‘Now we can no longer say anything without offending somebody,’ but that’s because the joke’s never been on you, says Shruti Seth, who is gearing up for Amazon Prime’s first-of-its-kind comedy travelogue series Jestination Unknown. (news18.com)
- Shows A-Z - Jestination Unknown [hindi language] on amazon (thefutoncritic.com)
- r/BollyBlindsNGossip - Amazon Prime's Jestination Unknown has one of the worst standup comedy I've ever seen. - 41 votes and 22 comments so far on Reddit (reddit.com)
- Jestination Unknown - GQ India (gqindia.com)
- Interview: Vir Das on his Sketch-Docu-Travel-Standup Show, ‘Jestination Unknown' - DeadAnt - Spread the love“Oh god! I am so tired…” Vir Das sighs, swivelling out of a chair in front of the monitors on which he’s editing his New Special in an edit room in Bandra West. He’s spent the last four nights shooting Hasmukh, a dark comedy web-series he’s co-produced and written, and in which Das […... (deadant.co)
- India, Comedy And Vir Das. Need We Say More? - So, ‘What does India find funny?’ (outlookindia.com)